Front Spindle

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Steely
Heavy Smoker

Front Spindle

Post by Steely »

Hi

Can anybody tell me if ZXR 400 H & KR-1S front wheel spindles are interchangeable.
I want to use ZXR 250 yokes, ZXR 400 H forks, KR-1S front wheel, can this be done?

Many thanks, Tony
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Nope the ZXR400 H model uses a bigger spindle than the KR1S. Also you'll needs spacers to move the calipers in to fit the KR1S, as the discs are closer together on the 1S.

I used a complete front end from a ZXR 400 H model which only requries the KR1S stem to be fitted into the ZXr400 H bottom yoke and then they are a straight swop.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Re: Front Spindle

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Steely wrote:Hi

Can anybody tell me if ZXR 400 H & KR-1S front wheel spindles are interchangeable.
I want to use ZXR 250 yokes, ZXR 400 H forks, KR-1S front wheel, can this be done?

Many thanks, Tony
As elf said they are not the same, are you specifically wanting a 1s front wheel, to match the rear?

If you can get zxr250 yokes, spindle, speedo drive, front wheel etc then you could have a one off spindle made which would allow you to use zxr400 forks and calipers (or 1s calipers which are the same as h1 zxr400 L series are different) The zxr250 front wheel is different to a 1s, it certainly has a different code on it and when I was messing about a 1s wheel did not fit with the the zxr250 spacers.

Of course anything is possible, depends on what time, money and machining facilities you've got, me I've got none after going for the set up outlined above. :lol:
Steely
Heavy Smoker

Front Spindle

Post by Steely »

Hi
Thanks for the quick replies.
I looked at the team sparrow website, and it says there that a guy in japan swapped in a ZXR 250 front end using a KR-1S front wheel, it says it is tight, but it fits.
Finding ZXR 250 bits is not easy, if i could find some i may give this idea a go.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Steely, have a look at my thread 'progress!!!' fair bit about the zxr250/400 front end bits in there.

Not saying that a kr1s front wheel wont fit but when I tried it didn't seem anywhere near
Steely
Heavy Smoker

Front Spindle

Post by Steely »

Hi Red Devil

Okay had a look at your thread, looks like a good way to go, only problem is going to be getting a new spindle made.
Can you give me some idea what i need to do, get it machined.

Many thanks, Tony
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Tony, pm'd you.